WVMS Voice

The Student News Site of Welsh Valley Middle School

WVMS Voice

WVMS Voice

Less Homework

Less+Homework

Some students complain about how much homework they get, while others are completely satisfied with the amount they are given.

What do you think?

So reader, in this article we are going to talk about the pros and cons of homework. 

Is it too much or never going to be enough?          

Many kids from WVMS say that there’s too much homework & many say there shouldn’t be any more homework.

And research about homework in middle school shows that many kids are getting sleep deprivation, unhealthy levels of stress, and stress-related health issues. 

And over a century ago or so people said that kids are really stressed about homework & banned it for students under seventh. But the anti-homework sentiment faded though and during the 60’s & 70’s many kids got more homework. Then in the 80’s government researchers blamed America’s schools for its economic troubles and recommended ramping homework once more.

But in the 21st century many teenagers are getting twice as much homework as people in the 1990’s and even little kids are told to bring more school work to home!

But there are some benefits from homework which are improved grades, test results, and the likelihood to attend colleges and universities.

And some school districts are banning homework! Many kids such as you & I will be really happy and excited as many more schools are banning homework!   

If your school got rid of homework how would you feel?

Take a vote with your friends and see how it goes!

So for you, is the homework you are given a good amount, or would you say homework should have never been in existence in the first place?

I hope you enjoyed reading this article about homework and the pros and cons.